Thursday, January 19, 2012
We had four doors in this space. One to exit to the outside (pictured), one into the mudroom from the kitchen (door swung open in this picture), one the right one to access the the area where the hooks are now (it was a "closet"), one to the outside from our small mudroom, and then on the left, one to the guest bedroom. Yes, you read right, in two square feet, there were four doors. Awesome.
We got rid of 3 out of the 4 doors. We left the closet area open. Drywall closed the door to the guest room. We insulated the area really well so that the door from the kitchen into the mudroom was unnecessary. Lastly, we replaced the exterior door. We also redrywalled obviamente, and we put up some beadboard. We decided on a flushmount lightfixture from WE. I like it. It reflects like nicely off the mercury glass.
And so, here it is. The mudroom. In all it's new glory. I luff and am so happy with the way it turned out. Even if it did take months. ;)