Monday, October 24, 2011

Pardon our dust, we are at it again (Mudroom Lockers, Mudroom Inspiration)

We tore out the back exit of our house...When people say "gut" on tv, I've noticed they generally mean they removed cabinetry from their kitchen or something like that. At Casa Lobo, when we say gut, we mean it. We literally take the walls down to the studs, reframe walls, re-insulate, remove the floors down to the joists, redo electric and all that jazz. I'm not trying to brag. I'd prefer not to have to do that actually, but hey, this old house needed more than a little botox. Contrary to what HGTV says, paint was not gonna change much here (lest you forgot). Like I said, we were crazy when we bought this house, I think.

So over our Saturday morning coffee, it was your typical conversation...Him: I think I am going to gut the back exit...create a mudroom of sorts. Me: Oh, sounds nice.

.............more dust...what can I say? We are masochists...We like the pain of renovation. :)

So this morning, a little mudroom inspiration...

Traditional Home...

Restoration Hardware...


Restyled Home...



Stagetecture...

homestoriesatoz...

beneathmyheart...
highstreetmarket...

Jones Design...





imcniff...

Clark County Parade of Homes, Flickr...




From BHG...







From Pinterest...








PS I use "..." too much. I know. Perdon.

1 comment: