Tuesday, August 9, 2011

some of my favorite houses in my neighborhood-straight out of a storybook....

We've had lots of visitors in town the last couple of weeks, which is kinda why I haven't been blogging as much as I would like.

We've been showing our friends and family around our neighborhood that is so rich in architecture it could very well knock your socks off. Part of what drew us to "the village" was the proximity to the city, of course. But also, the undeniable charm and character that this neighborhood proudly exhibits.

Sure it's a "suburb," but it's a very urban suburb. There are no cookie cutter, desperate house wifey type of properties here.

Sure there are "types" of homes...gunderson, american four square, tudor, bungalow, etc, but even still, you'd be hard pressed to find two homes that look alike.

In any event, as I said, we've been showing family and friends around Chicago, but also our hood, and I couldn't help but snap a couple of photos of some of my favorite homes here in OP.

This first one is my absolute favorite. It looks like something straight out of a storybook with that magnificent roof. Vines going up the front of the house? Yes, please. Some day I would love to live in a house with vines growing on it. To me, it looks so magical.


This one is near my oldest's school. They have been revamping it all summer. For a while there, they had white sheer drapes hanging in the porch. It looked dreamy. I love the second level porch as well. Also on my dream house list. sigh..


Are ya seeing a pattern here? Also has vines. Looks so majestic. And this one happens to have a tile roof, which is unusual here in Chicagoland.


I know these pictures aren't terrific, but I was trying to be slick and not super crazy stalker-y...


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the architecture in Chicago. Great houses to show. Chicago is one of my favorite cities...if it didn't get cold we would move there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete