Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holy House Tour! ( Jennifer Dyer)

Did you see Jennifer Dyer's house tour on Apartment Therapy last Friday? I've had a crazy hectic couple of weeks, but this post has been on my mind from
the second the post went up on AT.

I have been following Jennifer's work for a while now. It's no surprise since she broke into the interior design field in my hometown, Miami. She took a leap of faith, quit her 9-5 and interned at a very reputable design firm in Miami for 6 months. She knew she had what it took to be a designer, and boy was she right. I am stupefied by this house tour. I have mentioned before how much I love soft corals, golds, and creams....Well, her living room are these colors.

If you haven't checked out her home tour, you must, so here it be in all its awesomeness.

Why hello there white house, black shutters, and hydrangeas...no surprise I love this house already.

I love that green vase.
The photo of the wavy ocean...beautiful.
I've seen these end tables over and over and love them more each time. I remember pier 1 had a similar end table a couple of years ago that I tried to get, but they sold out like hot cakes.




The kitchen...need I say more? Although my favorite item in the kitchen is the brass beehive.
This has been in my dining room inspiration folder before I even knew who Jennifer Dyer was. I love the contrasts in this room. I particularly like the narrow console table-white (maybe marble?) and brass. Very pretty.
That lamp was one of the main reasons this dining room went in my inspiration folder. It's beyond anything I have ever seen before. Sure you've seen driftwood lamps before. But this one's beauty is nonpareil. It is driftwood right? Or are my eyes deceiving me?
That tufted yellow wingback chair is perfection against the gray walls. I am not a yellow person. I would never paint a wall yellow in my own home. But this injection of yellow is something I could live with. It echoes all the beautiful brass finishes perfectly.
Adorable powder room. Check out that mirror. And that sink.
This is my favorite room in the house. To start, that painting with the monks is so calming. Those yellow door really play off the painting well. The fabric choices in this room are just what I like...corals, soft pinks, handblocked prints, creams...I love.




Media room looks comfortable, and having a bar right off of it is, well, ;) Well thought out.







That chest with the giant fern on it...you know I will be up at 2 am thinking about it every day this month. Atleast.


You can't go wrong with beadboard, soaking tub, and marble in my book.




This is one of my favorite chandeliers ever. So classic. This closet is sooo fun! I could hang out in there all day.



Tada! The end! Are you sad? I am.
Which is why I keep scrolling back up and looking at all the pictures over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment