Thursday, July 21, 2011

Motivational Monday & New things around Casa Lobo


"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!"


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really wanted a cane back settee for our sunroom. Not necessarily being a priority, the budget was slim, so I scoured Craigslist. I found one about 20 minutes away for an unbelievable price as compared to every other settee I had seen on Craigslist. Some things are too good to be true, I guess.

I went to pick it up, and the lady selling was very nice. I sat on it. She sat on it. Alfie sat on it. It seemed sturdy enough for one or two people to sit on, and the low back was perfect for the sun room since my windows come down to about a foot and a half off the floor.

My plan was to just reupholster the seat, possibly with white linen or possibly with some burlap.

I get home, put it in the sun room, someone sits on it, and the back of the seat detaches from the back. I can't tell you how upset I was! arrgghhhhh?!?!?!?!?

In any event, I still like it very much, so this cane back settee is now on "the things to do" cue. Handy husband will be participating in this one.




Have you visited the Serena & Lily Bazaar? Each month, Serena & Lily hold a 1 week sale of one-of-a-kind items from around the globe. Some are vintage, some are not. I bought the painting below at June's bazaar. I had been wanting an abstract, black and white painting for our dining room to frame in a thin gold frame and came upon this one. Now I just have to paint my dining room, and we are getting near to finishing that room. PS sorry for the crooked picture. My 1 year old tugged at my shirt just as I snapped this one.


I also had been wanting some pressed botanicals for the dining room, which, believe it or not I found on Craigslist. That is the silver ice bucket/vase that I bought at the Chicago Antique Market. The white ceramic birds I bought on etsy from Porterhouse Interiors. If you haven't checked them out on etsy, you must. Reasonably priced, and really special vintage items, some of which have been lovingly restored.


I have some more items that have been added to our master, but I will leave that for another post! Stay tuned for the cane back settee repair and re-upholstery!

No comments:

Post a Comment