Thursday, July 7, 2011

Million Dollar Decorators, Daisy Fuentes and a very gifted photographer


Have you been tuning in to Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators? If you haven't, you have homework people!! You must watch! It's all chock full of design goodness and Bravo drama. It's dazzling dahlings!

I was watching a couple of days ago, and lo and behold Daisy Fuentes was Martyn Lawrence Bullard's client. As many of you know, I am Cuban-American as well, so I was even more interested (if that's even possible!) in this particular episode.

In her home, Daisy has a large wall with very high ceilings that needed some seriously fantabulous art. Drawing on her Cuban heritage, she went to the internets and came across a photograph taken in Cuba that really struck her.

While they didn't mention the name of the photographer, I recognized it instantly as Michael Eastman's work in Havana, which I blogged about here. His book is out this September, and you can preorder it on Amazon.

I am hoping the images are large enough to frame because I can't imagine more beautiful and meaningful art to have in my home.

The particular photograph that Daisy picked is called "Isabella's Two Chairs, 1999" and the textures in the work of art are absolutely amazing.

I don't blame her for wanting to supersize it on canvas and smack it on her wall.
What a statement. Although I credit Daisy, and not Martyn, for this since afterall, she found the photograph.

I hope you all tune in cause it's totally awesome.

3 comments:

  1. They did not give the photographer credit...that bothered me. Thank you for mentioning it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It bothered me as well, which is why it was a no brainer for me to do a blog post about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found this post b/c I, too, love this! Thanks for posting about the book and the photographer! I am your newest follower.

    P.S. My daughter's name is also Aylin (Yes, like Aylin Mujica).

    ReplyDelete