Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Porch Bench

Now that it's warm out, our oldest likes to play outside, sometimes in the front yard. Lately, I've been sitting on the steps so I can look on and make sure he's not ill-advisedly eating random and potentially dangerous plants. And also our new landscaping. Kidding!

Only our chubby one would do that!

So here we have the new facade.

And a photo of our front door, mailbox, and new stained glass window. Someone asked, so I thought I would share the new color of the house. It's called Sharkskin by Benjamin Moore.


It's the perfect greenish grey.



Here's another photo of the front door area. No, that's not a bat perched under our light waiting to attack us as we exit. That was me scratching out our house numbers.

See where the stroller is parked? Ideally, I would like to put a bench there.

If it was the glider type, that would rock, although below is the only glider type

within my budget that isn't hideous.


Smith & Hawken Allogio glider

I also really like the Dexter Bench over at West Elm. I think the light wood would really pop against the dark paint color. It's not a glider, but I am really liking it's shape.


What do you guys think? Any other suggestions in the under $300 range?

1 comment: