Monday, June 6, 2011

My baby turned ONE

We worked with Jayme @ Jayme Marie Paper Designs on the bday party invitations. Our chubby baby loves dogs, so it was pretty easy to let his love of dogs take over his first birthday party. The weenie dog invites were so preppy and cute, they were perfect. I started off thinking about his nursery, which is mainly aqua and green, some houndstooth, and I let that set the tone.



Had the cake made to match the invites...


Went to Tarjay, picked up some white buckets, ribbon, and tissue paper from the $1 section for the centerpieces. I glued on printable party circles that Jayme made in the same design of the invitations. I propped some fun blue lollis in these buckets, and they made for some inexpensive and fun centerpieces.


Sorry for the dark pictures. I am no pro, the lighting is all wacky.



We got to see and hug lots of family.




and friends...


The kids ate lots of candy...

did the hula


and the conga...


the adults had some fun, too...

Alfie helped his little brother blow out the candle


Chubby also had his turn, of course :)


All in all, everything went great. Although I did forget to give the kiddos their party hats....sigh.


I can't believe my littlest of the littles is 1 already. The days are long and the years are definitely too short.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect. Your party decorations are always perfect. Congratulations and Happy Birthday baby Lucas! - Erica & Hunter

    ReplyDelete