Monday, April 4, 2011

You know how I know I am literally crazy about design?

Because each time I see the Cottonelle toilet paper commercial below (sorry for the poor quality pic, I couldn't find a good one) I stare at the painting on the wall. You know which one. The one where the wife changed out their toilet paper to the Cottonelle brand, and her husband comes out of the bathroom saying "they are going dancing." It's kind of a silly commercial, but I can't help but get excited every time it comes on in the hopes that the name of the artist will just come to me a la Bradley Cooper in Limitless. I've also googled endlessly to see if I can figure out who painted it.
I think the reason I am so drawn to it is that it reminds me so much of Amanda Talley's work, which is just stunning. She's been featured in every blog, big and small, throughout the blogosphere, which is not surprising. Most recently, she has moved into textiles and has designed her own fabric line, which is also quite beautiful. Here are some photos of her work. I saved these photos on my computer quite some time ago, and I can't remember where I got them from. Sorry. If anyone knows where they are from, please let me know so I can give credit.


Southern Accents

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ayleen,
    This is pretty cool, love the stuff in your posts:) Amanda Talley's work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete