Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not your every day A, B, C, D

If Amy of ABCD Design had a brick and mortar shop around the corner (I hear her ultimate intention is to have her own product line...YAY!!), I would probably have to wear disguises so that I could go into the shop as frequently as I would. That's how frequently I would "drop in." I mean, I stop by her blog several times a day, and each time, I discover something new. I found Amy Beth Cupp Dragoo's blog originally through Poppytalk and then rediscovered her genius through Brooklyn Limestone last year. I have been hooked since. Her style speaks to me so much.

It's layered, but without a ton of senseless tchochkes. It's multidimensional, not cluttered. I love when there are items in homes that have meaning, that illustrate the family's personality, that bring joy and life to the space when you walk in. However, I do not like it when there is so much stuff that you can see things quickly devolving from there into the next episode of Hoarders. If there is a table where there is no room for me to set something down, it's not my style.

Ok back to Amy. Her NYC Loft, which I hear she has now moved on from (sad face), lights up my world considering my deep love of vintage posters.

On the upside, I hear that since she has moved from her NY Loft, she is now decorating her home in the country and a small NY apt she and Mr. ABCD keep in NY.

I cannot wait to see the results.

In the interim, grab a cup of coffee and get ready to get lost in this space...











4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! What a totally lovely post. Thank you so very much for the feature on your blog. You are most welcomed to pop into my shop anyway of the week. I'd be delighted to host you - no masks required! ;)

    This was a beautiful surprise - thanks again for the compliments and kindness.
    xoABCD
    @abcddesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Amy is an amazing talented person whom I admire. Love her blog and her tweets, always full of energy and tweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...if Amy opens a shop, I will go with you any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete