Wednesday, March 2, 2011

5 Year Anniversary and Pink Trees


This weekend is our 5 year anniversary. WOW. I still feel like we got married last week? I guess that's a good thing....Time flies when you're having fun!

In any event, as you may or may not know, for each anniversary there are traditional gift themes. There are also modern gift theme alternatives.

For the 5th year anniversary, the traditional gift is wood. Some gift suggestions I found online include wood boxes, wood figurines, wood frames, a guitar (my husband already has one), but honestly, none of those really speak to me.

The modern gift alternative is silverware, but we have pretty nice and heavy silverware from when we got married that we both really enjoy.

So I got to thinking....Our house is in major need of landscaping now that we completed the front of the house renovation. The back of the house needs landscaping, too. I just got this kinda crazy idea that it would be lovely to plant a tree to commemorate our 5th wedding anniversary. I think it would be particularly nice to plant one of those pink trees. You know which ones I am talking about. The ones that make you smile every time you walk by one- Flowering Cherry trees.

Now to see where I can put this tree! Maybe in the back near the garage. Maybe somewhere out front if it's not too big. We shall see.

In the meantime, for a more practical gift, being the coffee drinkers that we are, and being fed up with our Cuisinart coffeemaker, we are going to invest in a new, fantastic coffeemaker. We will make sure that it's stainless steel hence "silver." SS small appliances should count. Close enough! So does anyone have any GREAT coffeemaker suggestions???

I would prefer one with a thermal caraffe that doesn't have one of those burners on the bottom.

I have read good things about Bunn coffee makers. Opinions?

Hope you are having a lovely day....

No comments:

Post a Comment