Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Corn on the Cob

Ok...What can I say? I am starving...I was in Miami this last weekend, and my good eating habits went right out the window. I had cafe con leche with whole milk, cupcakes galore, Nicaraguan food.



My friends and I also went to Midtown newcomer Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill and OMG! Bacon wrapped dates? Goat cheese croquettes? Sliders? And a pretty and tasty pomegranate and bourbon drink? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!



So, if you are ever in Miami, be sure to check that place out!

It's very pretty, too!



Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill




Ok so back to the point of this post...

I have been looking for large scale art that is affordable, but also meaningful to my family. I saw this picture in on Elle Decor's website and thought the picture hanging on the wall would be JUST PERFECT! The picture on the wall is of the Marina City buildings here in Chicago, lovingly known as the "corncob buildings" for obvious reasons.




Philip Gorrivan





Marina City Buildings in Chicago, aka "corncob buildings"

I came across this picture below by Ryan Southen. I am pretty enamored by it. What do you think? Should I buy a blown up version of it and throw it up on the wall over my sofa?



Ryan Southen Photography

1 comment:

  1. I love those buildings! Every time I'm in town I imagine being on one of those super balconies. Then I realize I have a paralyzing fear of heights!

    Also - birthday celebrations eliminate caloric impact of food consumed at said celebrations.

    ReplyDelete