Friday, February 11, 2011

Big Box and Bathroom Update!

It was catalog week. I got every catalog under the sun this week, which generally makes me so happy. Except that I am not so sure about RH's new look anymore. Last year or 2009, they did that complete overhaul of their look where all of their dark, espresso stained furniture headed over to their clearance outlets, and replaced the traditional and clean cut looks with industrial, very architectural, rustic, and limed wood pieces. I get that the industrial, limed wood thing is "in," but this desk (see below) is wayyyyy over the top. I could not, under any circumstance, feel inspired to work sitting at that desk. Is it even level?



I am really liking a lot of West Elm's offerings, though.

Hive vases

Hammered trays


Honeycomb tassel hand towels


Ellery Chair


Apothecary jars


Lobo bathroom reno sneak peak

I actually bought two of these for our new bathroom, which I will be revealing very, very soon! We just got the light fixtures that we were missing in the mail yesterday. :)
Lastly, look at this adorable x-bench/ottoman I found at Home Goods.
Isn't it darling? I plan on tucking it under the dining room console/serving
table and pulling it out for extra seating when we have guests.

PS Please ignore the giant panda sprawled out on my living room floor.





1 comment: