Wednesday, February 9, 2011

L, M, N, O, P

Over the summer I ventured out in the downtown area of Oak Park, determined to get to know my little village/suburb. I wandered into Les Tableaux, a beautiful boutique dedicated to table settings and hosting dinner parties. What drew me into the store were the architectural alphabet prints displayed in gold frames on the wall near the entryway.

The designers behind this collection are architects and historians Andrew Zega and Bernd Dams. Each letter of the alphabet brilliantly references and illustrates an architectural or garden theme.

I spoke to the owner of the boutique for a while, who showed me some articles about the Zega and Dams as well as some of their books, which showcase said alphabet and other equally beautiful collections.

I went home obsessing about this alphabet. I went to the google, and alas, although the book is quite $$, I saw that they also sell the alphabet in the form of notecards that are very frameworthy.

They would look stunning in a nursery. Here is the link if you are interested in purchasing. The notecards are quite reasonably priced at $3.20 each.


http://http//www.architecturalwatercolors.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22


In no particular order, here are some of my favorites.

















No comments:

Post a Comment