Friday, January 28, 2011

Remember when....

Remember when I showed you guys the "master suite" in all its former glory (this used to be the living room of the inlaws' quarters upstairs) and you all gasped in horror? No? Let me remind you what we were up against...

Faux limed wood panelling, check. Dry rotted camel colored, shag carpeting, check. Plastered, cracked ceiling that felt like the world was closing in on you, check. Oh and not to mention, added set of stairs aka escape route.




Well, here's where we are at now. It's not completely finished, but atleast we've made it to the accessorizing stage with some semblance of sanity left. We gutted the entire second floor, this room obviously included. By "we" I mean my husband and his dad as my mother-in-law and I "supervised." My husband and his dad also made our headboard! Excuse the picture quality, I haven't had a chance to figure out my new Canon yet!












I still need to hang some art on the wall, change out the knobs on the furniture (I'm not crazy about the ones the set came with), and get a graphite colored duvet, but we are getting there. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done. A true labor of love and lots and lots of vision!

    ReplyDelete