Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear John,


Rita Konig- image via urban grace

I know this bathroom has travelled through the blogosphere at the speed of light many times over since it was first unveiled about 2-3 years ago in the now defunct Domino. I am pretty sure for many it may be old news at this point, but I can't get over it. It still makes my heart pitter patter. Especially since our latest project is a bathroom renovation, I have beautiful bathrooms on the brain. This one in particular makes time stand still for me.

I think about this hunk a lot. I want two of everything on that page. Maybe three of that toilet, which according to Erica at Urban Grace it's a TOTO Lloyd. She's an authority on plumbing fixtures. If you haven't checked out her portfolio and blog, you must. Her taste is impeccable.

Back to this bathroom. That wallpaper is perfection. I love how she warmed up the starkness of black and white with stained wood and industrial elements like the magazine rack, the light fixtures, the mirror, the moroccan table, the chicken wire basket. It's brilliant.

Below is a sneak peak of our own little bathroom reno. It's *almost* finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment